Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U), a flagship Mission of Government of India is being implemented by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). PMAY (U) is organising a Short Film Contest 2021 - "Khushiyon Ka Aashiyana".
- Short Films are invited from PMAY (U) beneficiaries, students, youth, civil society organisations, institutions and individual/groups on a broad theme of "transforming human lives in urban landscape through PMAY (U) during it six years of journey".
- The contest will be open to all Citizens/Indian Nationals above the age of 18 years except to employees and associates of MoHUA/ Urban Development Department of the State/ Urban Local Body (ULB) regardless of where they live.
- States/UTs/ ULBs, SLTC/ CLTC specialists will facilitate the contestants in identifying & selecting PMAY (U) beneficiaries and in shooting of the short film.
- The language of the film shall be in English or Hindi or any vernacular language.
- Period of Production: Films produced during the contest period 1st July, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. IST to 30th September, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. only will be accepted.
- Entry limits: Each participant will be allowed to submit only one entry in this contest. If more than one entry is submitted, the entry received first alone will be considered. If a participant/contestant submits more than one entry in a single cover, the application will be rejected.
Certificate of Participation
- Certificate of participation will be available for download after successful moderation and vetting by States/UTs.
- The system will send SMS to all contestants to download certificate of participation from the website: https://pmay-urban.gov.in through their registered mobile numbers.
Certificate & Cash Prize for Winners
- Videos moderated and vetted by States/UTs will be forwarded to MoHUA for scrutiny and evaluation for announcement of winners.
- Award winners will be intimated through SMS and via email to download their certificate and upload bank related details and other required documents on the website for transfer of cash prize.
|Ist Prize(25 Nos):||Rs 25,000/-||+||Certificate of Recognition|
|IInd prize(25 Nos):||Rs 20,000/-||+||Certificate of Recognition|
|IIIrd prize (25 Nos):||Rs 12,500/-||+||Certificate of Recognition|
Contestant's role and necessary steps to be taken
- The Contestant shall register on the PMAY (U) mobile application. Contestant should approach the ULB and contact the respective CLTC specialist for identifying beneficiaries from the list provided in the mobile application. Contestant shall not approach PMAY (U) beneficiaries directly.
- In the event that there is no CLTC specialist in the desired city, the contestant shall contact the CLTC specialist of the nearby/closest city and the CLTC specialist is bound to facilitate the contestant to shoot the film.
- Contestant should fully and unconditionally be bound to the terms and conditions of the contest.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Officials of States/UTs/Urban Local Bodies(ULBs), State Level Technical Cell (SLTC) /City Level Technical Cell (CLTC) specialists.
- The State Level Nodal Agency (SLNA) shall nominate SLTC specialists to ensure all facilitation, coordination and communication with Urban Local Bodies and CLTC specialists.
- SLNA, shall nominate a Nodal Officer for supervising and ensuring moderation of videos uploaded by contestants at the State level.
- The concerned CLTC specialist should identify, shortlist a minimum of 20 PMAY (U) beneficiaries, whose houses are complete and occupied. She/he should ensure that the house is well maintained, presentable with PMAY (U) logo.
- If there is no CLTC specialist in the contestant’s chosen city, the CLTC specialist of the nearby/closest city at is bound to facilitate the contestant to shoot the film.
- CLTC specialists shall thoroughly orient, brief and prepare beneficiaries for the film shoot.
- CLTC specialists should accompany the contestant to the beneficiary's house and be present during the complete process of shooting. The activity does not include any financial or logistic implication.
Technical Specification of the Short Film
- The length of the video file should be a maximum of 3 minutes.
- File size for uploading video should not be more than 400MB.
- Recommended resolution of video is 1080 x 1920.
- Film can be shot on smartphone or a video camera.
- The video file format should be MOV or MP4.
- PMAY(U) beneficiaries, students, youth, non-governmental organisations, institutions and individual/groups will be able to submit nomination through following modes:-
- a. PMAY(Urban) Website – https://pmay-urban.gov.in
- b. PMAY(Urban) Mobile Application -
- Google play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pmay.app_s&hl=en
- Apple App Store - https://apps.apple.com/in/app/pmay-urban/id1454478722
- Contestants are requested to read Process Flow Chart related to registration and submission of entries of short lm attached at Annexure-A.
Click here to read Process Flow Chart related to submission of entries
Illustrative Theme for Short Film
- PMAY Urban housing for ensuring dignity of women.
- Dignity through PMAY(U) House.
- Livelihood opportunities for beneficiaries from PMAY(U).
- On path to self reliance and rediscovering the pride of owning a house.
- Improved quality of life through better facilities.
- Improved social status in the society for PMAY(U) Beneficiaries
- Feeling of happiness, pride and self esteem on owning a house.
- Improved health and performances in education for children due to better living condition.
- Greater sense of safety and security after owning all weather pucca house.
- Unique experience of beneficiary and children living in all weather pucca house.
- Life changing experiences of women beneficiaries after owning a house like reduced drudgery etc.
- A home of my own- A woman's journey/story/experience.
- Any other theme relevant to PMAY(U).
Scrutiny of the video film entry
- The video files received during the Contest Period (1st July, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. IST to 10th August, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. IST) and found otherwise in order (with duly filled in prescribed Registration Form) will be scrutinized on 20th September, 2021, by the State Nodal Officer.
- If the video file submitted by any contestant is found to be in poor resolution the same will be informed to othe contestant from 20th-25th September 2021.
- They will be permitted to resubmit their video file on or before 5:00 pm on 28th September, 2021, failing which they will be disqualified from the Contest. The video files re-submitted, after 5:00 pm on 28th September, 2021 will not be accepted and will be rejected without providing any reason whatsoever. No new applications will be accepted during this period.
|Start Date:||1st July, 2021 at 10:00 AM|
|Last Date of Submission:||30th September, 2021 at 5:00 PM|
|Declaration of results:||15th October, 2021 at 5:00 PM|
For queries please email in the ID - firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpdesk- Phone Nos. 011- 23061827, 23063285
Selection of Winners and Notification
The entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges (Jury) at MoHUA. The Jury's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any of the outcomes reached. Winners will be notified by email and/or telephone. The mission shall have no liability for the Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or due to them providing with incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
Contestant hereby declares that participant has taken the consent of PMAY (U) beneficiary and all the characters before shooting the video.
MoHUA reserves its right and discretion to select or reject any video send by participants, as per its selection criteria.
MoHUA on its own discretion may alter the number of themes, prizes for the award process, if required, without stating out the reasons thereof.
Any politically inclined or offensive content / violation of community standards will not be entertained and will be treated as an offense under Cyber Law.
PMAY(U) Mission will not be held responsible, if the participants are not able to upload their entries on PMAY (U) website before the last date & time of submission for any reason whatsoever.
Contestant understands and hereby gives her/his consent that the video uploaded on MoHUA's portal, may be used by MoHUA for any o cial purpose, however only selected videos will be awarded.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted.
Contestant declares that the video is made by her/him and she/he has not used any other's audio or video in said uploaded video. No inappropriate material will be allowed.
Contestant hereby indemni es MoHUA and its o cials against any claim(s) in relation with the video sent/uploaded by Participant on MoHUA's portal under this contest.
Contestant (s) represent(s) and warrant(s) that he/she will comply with all the applicable Indian laws. Contestant (s) shall not disclose and/or use any information, if doing so is in violation of any obligation against confidentiality.