Thematic Session - 2
Public-Private-People Partnerships (4Ps) for
Inclusive & Sustainable Housing
20th October 2022
(02:00 pm to 03.30 pm)
This session will explore how cities can work with different players to incentivize provision of well-located affordable housing units and ensure an equitable future to the community. Some key
questions that this session, organized as a panel discussion will attempt to answer are:
- What are some new and transformative approaches that the private and public sector can take to
ensure that the vulnerable sections of the society get access to affordable housing?
Who are the actors that can participate in building an equitable future while ensuring their
interests as well?
What are mechanisms to engage communities and what role can community play in the different
approaches to sustainable, affordable, and safe housing?
Are there examples of ‘people as a resource’ where local solutions have benefited the community
and the city as a whole?
Chair: Sh. Hitesh Vaidya, Director, NIUA
Moderator: Ms. Parul Agarwala, Country Programme Manager, UN-Habitat India
Introduction by the Moderator
Opening Remarks by the Chair
Panel Discussion: (10 minutes each)
Sh. Amit Arora, Municipal Commissioner, Rajkot
- Dr. Renu Khosla, Director, Centre for Urban and Regional Excellence
- Sh. Ian Shapiro, CEO, Reall
- Ms. Francesca Lionetti, Associate Expert, UN-Habitat
- Ms. Pratima Joshi, Executive Director, Shelter Associates
- Mr. Harpal Dave, Asst. Town and Country Planner, Town and Country Planning Organisation (TCPO), MoHUA
- Ms. Sarika Chakravarty, Senior Sector Coordinator, NIUA
* Speakers are to be confirmed